Thursday, January 24, 2008

BACK TO PRAYER

When we were in Costa Rica a couple weeks ago, I aggravated my back. Yeah, I know, blah, blah, blah. But the point of this story is not about how my fool hearted decision to rough house it a bit with the kids in the pool left me with a twinge that has evolved into a bit of an “issue”; rather its a tale of a divine collision.

Anyways, since then, I’ve been in search of a chiropractor. I’ve called a couple hospitals, spoken to some locals and ex-pats. Turns out chiropractors are not that popular or readily available down here. A friend in Panama City (6 hrs away) said there is an American chiropractor that comes in once a month that I might be able to get in to see if I book way ahead. Anyways, after nearly 3 weeks of searching, I finally got an “approximate” address of a chiropractor in David. I was told, “I think there is a chiropractic office across from a building with the letter DPR, near the police station and prison”. With those instructions in hand, I got in my truck and went on the hunt. I actually found the office. But as fate would have it, the office wasn’t open and wouldn’t be for a while. But I headed home feeling somewhat hopeful. Then, I got a flat tire on my way back to Boquete from David. Turns out changing a tire is not so good for one’s back. The tire is changed and everything is running smoothly again, but my back, well, not so good. Well, on the way home from the gas station where I had the tire repaired, with my back really starting to bother me quite a bit, I repeated a short prayer I’ve prayed a couple times lately asking God for a little help, in any shape or form. I must confess that a part of me quietly resigned myself to the likely reality that I was probably not going to be able to get the help I needed until we returned to Calgary in a couple months. A few minutes after I returned home, I received a call. It was a friend calling to inform me that friends from the US were passing through the area and were planning to stay overnight at their place; and, believe it or not, one of them was a chiropractor. What are the odds? I was invited over for a free adjustment. And about 2 hours later, I was back in alignment, and humbly thanking God for a rather cool answer to prayer. It was yet another gentle reminder to “let go” and trust in God’s creative ways of caring for me.
Paul

3 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

hey Paul...VERY COOL STORY.
thanks for taking the time to type it.

Sonia said...

That's amazing! What a great reminder. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

tab6870 said...

Wow, that is unbelievable and just reminds me again of who is in control of things! Thx for sharing.
Tracey B