Wednesday, April 22, 2009

LOOK WHO IS 40!!!!

Well, this morning I woke up one year older. Somehow, it felt no different than turning 39, 38 or even 37. Over the last few days I have received emails from family and friends from Panama to blizzardy Calgary and mild Quispamsis to even Africa! How cool is that! Thanks for the best wishes.

This morning I was awakened by two warm children crawling in for an early cuddle - the best way to start any day. Then it was breakfast, made by Paul. Why is it that food always taste better when someone else makes it for you? We just got back from the local specialty coffee shop where I enjoyed a birthday latte. Yummy! This morning my friend, Tammy dropped by with a birthday card and the very best presents ever - Black Jelly Bellies and black licorice! Both are a real treat for me because you can't buy them anywhere in Panama and I love'em. she also gave me a Spanish birthday card with an inscription which google translated as the following: It seems very cruel that to say that the men are of Mars. That is, that has made us the Martians to deserve that? You do not create? Happy Birthday! Interesting the way things don't always translate correctly. In a few hours we will drop the kids off at the Bliss' so Paul and I can go out for a nice dinner at the Panomonte Hotel all alone. Translation: I do not have to decide what to cook or clean up the mess and I get to dress up a little - meaning I get to wear a shirt without holes. I think I may still have one hole-less shirt in my closet.

Until I blog again!
Linda

2 comments:

tab6870 said...

Hey Sista!
I'm a little bit a head of you but let me tell ya 40 is great!
And you look fabulous in that picture!

Leave for Africa in two sleeps! Say hi to all for me and give Syd a big hug and kiss!

Love you,
Tracey

Meet the Flemings! said...

Great photo! You always look amazing though. I am glad you had a wonderful birthday.