Sunday, August 16, 2009

SYDNEY TURNS 12

Sydney turned 12 the other week. So hard to believe it! Paul and I are so proud of our daughter and love the person she is becoming. Here are a few shots of her special day.



.




As has been the tradition, the kids get any breakfast they want in bed the morning of their birthdays. This usually includes smarties and pancakes. This year Syd's choice was bacon in scrambled eggs and applesauce. The reason for the change, braces make eating a challenge, especially after an adjustment!

.

Sydney wanted to go out for lunch at the very fancy restaurant Paul and I sometimes treat ourselves to. We surpried both kids by pulling them out of Spanish school on hour and a half before it ended and treating them to this special lunch.



.



I asked Syd what she wanted for her birthday this year. All she wanted was to have her friends together. We were able to have a "surprise" supper for her. Here are our friends that helped celebrate Sydney on her special day! This is us before cupakes!



This is after a few cupcakes!






Family shot


Until I blog again.


Linda

1 comment:

Susan's Blog said...

Ola Sydney Day. This is Sra. Marinucci wishing you a very very happy birthday. I am the Directora of Esceula Canyon Meadows where all 450 students here speak Spanish 50% of their day. As I don't (yet) speak Spanish, I attend classes once a day in which ever class will take me. Today a Grade 2 class taught me how to spell my name in Spanish.... forwards and backwards.... without looking. (The letter M sounds funny!)

I love your blog... those cupcakes look yummy!

hugs to you on your 12the bday

Sra. Marinucci