Thursday, March 19, 2009

CELEBRATING MOMENTS

Thursday morning. The dishes are washed. Paul is at a meeting. The kids are at school. And the week is almost done. I am naturally not an early-riser, so these 6:15 mornings are a bit of a challenge for me and the kids. The kids are wiped out after being in Spanish school for 3 1/2 hours a day. So we just home school from 7-9:30am. They work really well first thing in the morning. This morning I had two wonderful moments that I just had to share with you all. One almost made me cry. The other made me belly-laugh.

Firstly, 2 girls spoke to Sydney this morning at school. We all had a 15 minute conversation in English/Spanish and Spanglish. Syd walked away from that conversation just beaming and gave me a subtle high five. For the first 3 days, she had been standing awkwardly for 30 minutes saying "Hola" to everyone while everyone walked by. Poor thing was counting the seconds until the bell only ever getting a shy smile in return . Day 4 of school - and finally some contact! This is a reason to celebrate.


The second moment happened this morning as the kids were finishing up home school and getting ready for Spanish school. I think the video speaks for itself.



"Me gusta pollo" is "I like chicken". Apparently Josh likes chicken!

Until I blog again!

Linda

4 comments:

Lynn said...

This is so sweet Linda! Love your updates!

Cody, Amanda, Kade and Kianna said...

Awwwww love your blog....Good for the kids going to school there in the unknown. Very brave. I too love the updates...:)

www.erinkelly.ca said...

THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!!

Josh rocks!!!

Susan's Blog said...

Hello Day Family all,

How wonderful to see and hear you all! Thank you for the Chicken rendiditon Josh.... now someone has to video Dad and his Jazz band!
It is Student Conferences this afternoon and evening and we just about ready to open up our Learning Commons. Thank you so much for thinking of including me.

Love to you all!

hugs

Mrs. Marinucci