Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FINAL GOOD BYES

Oct 15th was the day we left our beautiful home in Discovery. After being on the market for 6 months, finally it sold, way below what we had hoped it would sell for. Learning to let go seems to be the theme that keeps arising in our lives. Letting go of money, stuff, friends, comforts and being in control to mention a few. Everything we know.

The night before we handed over the keys, Paul and I walked though our home and closed all the blinds, for the last time. When we closed the blinds in the kids room, it really hit us both, wow we were really doing this. Both Paul and I had a moment of letting go. It was both freeing and scary at the same time. Over and over again it became clear to me how much time we spend managing our “stuff”. Since we had 2 weeks before our departure to Panama, our friends, Amanda and Rob and their family took us in. We were able to live with them in their basement until our departure from Calgary. Let me qualify this basement so you don’t feel sorry for us! Fully furnished walk out with fireplace, 2 bedrooms and lots of space. It was a great place to hang while I finished up work, the kids finished up school and Paul tied up some loose ends. Thanks Amanda, Rob, Grace, Cam and Beth. We miss the morning rush around the island.

For our last 2 weeks in Calgary, we were invited to many friends for supper. Paul has already thanked everyone below. Special shout out to Laura for having a special lunch for me and my girls Saturday afternoon. Your the best Laura, having you in my life for the last 26 years has been a real gift. I also want to thank Elaine and my girls from Glendale for my fantastic new Tilly hat and a great lunch out at Moxies. I am sure I gained about 10 pounds in weight an in the love I feel. Dessert every night does have that effect on my waistline!

Lunch with Glendale Ladies L to R ;Alice Ann,Linda, Liz, Linda with Tilly. Paula, Elaine and Kim

Lunch with the ladies: Sonia, Laura, Me, Erin, Sydney and Keira. Shannon taking photo, thanks baby!

I also want to thank all my co workers at ACH, specially those in MDT for all the treats you brought in on my last day. Thanks Lorna, Tammy, Patti and Catherine.

Thank you everyone for being so gracious and kind to my family and me and for being such great cooks. We all felt very loved and it really hit me yet again how incredible all our friends and family are. Going to Panama was never about leaving a place, Calgary has been our home for 10 years and has been an incredible place to raise a family. Leaving the familiar has been a tough thing. Going to Panama is about feeling called/pulled towards something new and different. Stay tuned as we blog about this adventure!
Linda

No comments: