Wednesday, October 3, 2007

LUNCH WITH A GOOD FRIEND

There are a few things in one's life that can make or break it. Having good friends is one of them. And I've got a few people in my life that I consider good friends, the kind of friends you can call up and say, "Heh Gerry. I'm feeling pretty worn out. And I gotta get out of town and take a break. You interested in going to Arizona for a week of golf and laughs?" and the reply is, "Sure, when do you want to leave". True story. And "Ger" (Gerry Smylie) and I had a great time (this past March) playing some of the most spectacular desert golf courses I've ever had the chance to play. And there's definitely something about golfing that is soothing to my soul. And besides the golf, I can't remember laughing so hard and long. And that is good medicine for the soul.

Some friendships are easy. The kind where the chemistry, for whatever reason, just works. And that's the way it is with Gerry and me. And when its like that, time spent together is a true gift. Anyways, I had the chance to hook up with lunch with Gerry today. And as always, I came away energized, encouraged and feeling loved. I hope he felt the same. There's few things that are as rich a gift as a great lunch with a good friend. I hope you experience one for yourself very soon.

Paul

No comments: