Thursday, October 4, 2007

SURPRISE BLESSING

A couple days ago I sent out a mass email updating my email contact list with the changes to my contact info, and providing a brief update on our family adventure to Panama. Many of you have kicked back a message wishing us well. And thanks for that.

One of those emails arrived yesterday from Barry Boucher. I had the privilege of working on staff with Barry (former senior pastor of The Life Centre in Ottawa) for five years (88-93). I consider him a mentor and friend who has influenced my idea of what it means to be a pastor and gracious and generous follower of Christ probably more than anyone else.


Well, he indicated in his email that he was actually in Banff participating at a leadership gathering and was planning to return to Calgary today to stay over night before hopping on a plane Friday morning to head back to our nation's capital. So I managed to snag him into coming over for supper (despite being offered tickets to the Flames game, and tickets to a Jose Stone concert). It was so great to reconnect and talk about leadership, healthy spirituality, family life. The evening ended with Barry gathering us as a family and praying a prayer of blessing over the four of us. It was such a gift. I love surprise blessings like that.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

okay is it just me are is he a dead ringer for William Raccah??? Seriously.

www.erinkelly.ca said...

Hi Day Family!

We are praying for you along your adventure. We hope you are safe and sound and enjoying a hopeful start.

With love,

Team Kelly.

PS--- LOVE the blog! Great job Paul!