Sunday, October 28, 2007

A SUNDAY MORNING WALK by Sydney Day


Today we (Mom and me) went for a walk down a beautiful canyon. We saw fast running lizards, lots of buzzing flies and green trees, big and small rocks, roaring white water, brown wet mud, colorful wild flowers, long tall grass, an old creaky bridge, and bright colored leaves and moss. We heard excited birds, loud and quiet water, little rocks tumbling, the wind and lots of insects talking. We smelt little flowers, sweet water, some herbs and, in some spots, horse poo. It was very hot and humid at the bottom of the canyon. We tried to take a picture of some lizards, but they were too fast. We tried to figure out the smell of the plants we saw. Then I remembered that it was similar to a smell from Oma’s garden that she used in her meat ball soup. One time, when she came to Calgary, I asked her to make it. But it just did not taste the same. She said, “I came all this way and I made you meat ball soup and you don’t like it”? It just wasn't the same. I guess it only tastes the same in Montreal.


We continued our walk and we saw a really old looking bridge off in the distance. When we climbed up the wooden ladder, we notice that it was too slippery to go across. Mom wanted a third person to be watching just in case someone got hurt and we needed help. So we didn’t go across. So we walked back up the canyon and went back to the house.

By Sydney

3 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

Sydney, that's a great story! i'm glad your mom is safety conscious. I didn't like the looks of that bridge!

Unknown said...

Hi, Sydney, my name is Don Lachance and I'm a landscaping guru friend of your dads. I'm hoping to meet you some day. I hung out with your Mom and Dad when they lived in Ottawa. Hope you enjoy your stay in Panama

Sonia said...

You're so brave, I am terrified of heights and bridges, I would have never crossed that thing. Love you sweet pea.